What is Asacol?

Asacol is a drug used to treat ulcerative colitis, a medical condition involving the inflammation of the colon lining. Asacol delivers the active ingredient mesalamine in pill form. Mesalamine is an anti-inflammatory; it counteracts the mechanisms through which tissue becomes inflamed or painful. Asacol is also sometimes prescribed to treat Crohn’s disease.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...