What is Asacol?

Asacol is a drug used to treat ulcerative colitis, a medical condition involving the inflammation of the colon lining. Asacol delivers the active ingredient mesalamine in pill form. Mesalamine is an anti-inflammatory; it counteracts the mechanisms through which tissue becomes inflamed or painful. Asacol is also sometimes prescribed to treat Crohn’s disease.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...