What is acetaminophen-codeine?

Acetaminophen-codeine is a pain reliever used to treat moderate pain. As its name suggests, it contains two drugs: acetaminophen and codeine. Acetaminophen is mild pain reliever that can be purchased separately and without a prescription. Codeine is a stronger narcotic pain reliever. The two pain relievers together produce a greater effect than would either pain reliever by itself.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...