What is pentazocine and naloxone?

Pentazocine and naloxone is a prescription combination of pain relievers to treat people with minor to severe pain. The drug works in the brain to limit the amount of pain you feel. The drug is marketed under the brand name Talwin NX. The drug is to be taken by mouth and can be very dangerous if taken in any other way.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...