What is pentazocine and naloxone?

Pentazocine and naloxone is a prescription combination of pain relievers to treat people with minor to severe pain. The drug works in the brain to limit the amount of pain you feel. The drug is marketed under the brand name Talwin NX. The drug is to be taken by mouth and can be very dangerous if taken in any other way.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...