Is there a generic version of Demerol?

A generic version of Demerol is available, labeled as meperidine. This prescription medication used to treat moderate to severe short-term pain is available in 50-milligram (mg) and 100-mg tablets, as well as in an oral solution/syrup and as an injectable medicine.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...