What should I do if I don't need Roxicet anymore?

If you feel that you don't need Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) anymore, first talk to your doctor about your pain control. If you are on high doses of Roxicet or if you have taken it for a long time, your doctor may want to gradually wean you off the drug to lower the risk of withdrawal symptoms, which can be quite unpleasant: anxiety, elevated heart rate and blood pressure, irritability, nausea, stomach cramps, insomnia. If your doctor decides you no longer need Roxicet to relieve your pain, ask your pharmacist about the best way to dispose of unused medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...