What should I do if I don't need Roxicet anymore?

If you feel that you don't need Roxicet (acetaminophen and oxycodone) anymore, first talk to your doctor about your pain control. If you are on high doses of Roxicet or if you have taken it for a long time, your doctor may want to gradually wean you off the drug to lower the risk of withdrawal symptoms, which can be quite unpleasant: anxiety, elevated heart rate and blood pressure, irritability, nausea, stomach cramps, insomnia. If your doctor decides you no longer need Roxicet to relieve your pain, ask your pharmacist about the best way to dispose of unused medication.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...