What is the diclofenac topical patch?

The diclofenac topical patch is an analgesic (pain killing) drug to be worn on the skin. The diclofenac patch is available with a prescription under the brand name Flector. Your doctor may prescribe Flector for local relief of pain and inflammation from bruising, joint sprains or muscle strains. Diclofenac belongs to a drug class called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Although the exact mechanism is not known, NSAIDs block cellular signals that lead to pain and inflammation.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...