What is the diclofenac topical patch?

The diclofenac topical patch is an analgesic (pain killing) drug to be worn on the skin. The diclofenac patch is available with a prescription under the brand name Flector. Your doctor may prescribe Flector for local relief of pain and inflammation from bruising, joint sprains or muscle strains. Diclofenac belongs to a drug class called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Although the exact mechanism is not known, NSAIDs block cellular signals that lead to pain and inflammation.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...