What is a brand name for hydrocodone-acetaminophen?

Vicodin, Lortab and Norco are a few of the brand names for the combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen. The combination of these medicines creates a very strong pain reliever that should be used with caution and only under the supervision of your doctor. Some cancer patients with more extreme pain, for example, may need prescription pain relief. Talk with your doctor about the frequency and intensity of your pain. Together, you can determine the best options for pain management.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...