What should I avoid while taking Ultracet?

If you are taking the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen), you should avoid taking more of it, or taking it more often, than prescribed. Overdoses of this drug are dangerous and can even be fatal. For the same reason, you should avoid using other medications that contain either tramadol or acetaminophen. Since many over-the-counter products contain acetaminophen, be sure to check the labels of all the medicines you are using. It is not safe to ingest more than 4 grams (4,000 milligrams) of acetaminophen in a 24-hour period.

While you are taking Ultracet, you should not drink alcohol, because the combination increases the risk of side effects such as respiratory depression, in which breathing can become dangerously slow and shallow.

You should not drive a car, operate machinery or engage in other potentially dangerous activities until you know how Ultracet affects you, because the drug can interfere with thinking and with physical abilities.

Ultracet is used for the short-term management of acute pain. It is typically prescribed for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...