What should I avoid while taking Tylox?

While taking Tylox (acetaminophen and oxycodone), a drug prescribed to treat moderate to moderately severe pain, you should not drink alcohol, eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice. Doing any of these could exaggerate the depressive effects of Tylox on your central nervous system and put you at risk for breathing problems and a dangerously slow heart rate; it could even lead to coma or death. Because Tylox can make you drowsy, you shouldn't drive, operate machinery or do anything that requires you to be fully alert until you know how the drug affects you.

Because it's not known if Tylox is excreted in breast milk, it's safest to stop nursing if you begin taking the drug (or to have your doctor prescribe another pain reliever so that you can continue to breastfeed).

Tylox combined with certain other medications can have serious side effects. Make sure your doctor knows about all drugs you take, including over-the-counter products and supplements, before you begin taking Tylox so that he or she can check for any potentially problematic interactions.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...