What should I avoid while taking Norco?

While you're taking the pain relief medication Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen), you should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if the drug makes you drowsy, dizzy or affects your vision. Do not drink, because alcohol can increase the chance of serious side effects, including breathing problems and even death. Plus, you should avoid taking other medicines that contain acetaminophen while taking Norco, so that you don't get too much of this drug in your system. Too much acetaminophen can cause liver damage, and even be fatal. In addition, avoid taking Norco with any of the following:
  • central nervous system (CNS) depressants
  • monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
  • alvimopan
  • imatinib
  • the supplements valerian, St. John's wort, SAMe and kava kava
Tell your doctor about all prescription and over-the-counter drugs and supplements you take.

Women should avoid breastfeeding or becoming pregnant while taking Norco, since the drug may harm a nursing infant or developing fetus.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...