Can I use Ultracet if I am breastfeeding?

Experts say it's generally safe to take the pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) while you're breastfeeding. Although both tramadol and acetaminophen pass into breast milk, the amounts are very small, and studies have shown both drugs to be safe for infants.

Ultracet is prescribed for the short-term management of acute pain. It's usually taken for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...