Can I use Ultracet if I am breastfeeding?

Experts say it's generally safe to take the pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) while you're breastfeeding. Although both tramadol and acetaminophen pass into breast milk, the amounts are very small, and studies have shown both drugs to be safe for infants.

Ultracet is prescribed for the short-term management of acute pain. It's usually taken for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...