Can I use Ultracet if I am breastfeeding?

Experts say it's generally safe to take the pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) while you're breastfeeding. Although both tramadol and acetaminophen pass into breast milk, the amounts are very small, and studies have shown both drugs to be safe for infants.

Ultracet is prescribed for the short-term management of acute pain. It's usually taken for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...