Can I use Synalgos-DC if I am breastfeeding?

If you are breastfeeding, you should not take Synalgos-DC (dihydrocodeine, aspirin, caffeine). Some reports have indicated that there may be a danger of codeine—a drug that is chemically similar to dihydrocodeine—passing into breast milk. Your doctor may recommend a different pain medicine if you plan to continue breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...