Can I use Synalgos-DC if I am breastfeeding?

If you are breastfeeding, you should not take Synalgos-DC (dihydrocodeine, aspirin, caffeine). Some reports have indicated that there may be a danger of codeine—a drug that is chemically similar to dihydrocodeine—passing into breast milk. Your doctor may recommend a different pain medicine if you plan to continue breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...