Is it safe to use Percodan if I am breastfeeding?

You should not use Percodan, a combination of the pain relievers oxycodone and aspirin, while breastfeeding. Evidence suggests that Percodan can pass into breast milk and potentially harm a breastfeeding baby. Talk to your doctor about whether it would make more sense for you to stop nursing or use a different drug to manage your pain.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...