Can I use Demerol if I am breastfeeding?

If you're breastfeeding, you should not take Demerol (meperidine). Studies have found that this medication for moderate to severe short-term pain passes into breast milk and may cause life-threatening problems for a baby who's nursing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...