How does trolamine salicylate treat joint and muscle pain?

Trolamine salicylate (sold under the brand names Aspercreme, Myoflex and others) temporarily eases joint and muscle pain by decreasing inflammation and swelling in the affected areas. It is applied by rubbing the cream into the painful area and the medicine is absorbed through the skin.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...