What will happen if I suddenly stop taking my prescribed Demerol?

If have been taking Demerol (meperidine) for a long time and you stop taking your prescribed doses of Demerol suddenly, you may have symptoms of withdrawal. These symptoms can include irritability, anxiety, trouble sleeping, racing heart beat, chills, or sweating. Talk with your doctor and he may be able to help you slowly take less and less of the drug so that you can avoid these withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...