How should I take magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate?

Magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate is available both as a prescription and over-the-counter medicine. If you have been prescribed this drug, take it exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you have purchased this drug over-the-counter, follow the directions and warnings on the label about dosing and timing for taking this drug. Never take more than prescribed or recommended on the label and never exceed the maximum daily dosage. You should take this drug by mouth with water. You may take it with or without food. If this drug causes stomach upset, taking it with food may alleviate that side effect.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...