Who should not take pentazocine and acetaminophen?

You should not take pentazocine and acetaminophen if it has not been prescribed for you. Also, do not take it if you have certain conditions, including severe bowel problems, allergies to any of the ingredients and cirrhosis of the liver. Drug abuse, pregnancy, stomach problems, allergies, asthma, recent head injuries or tumors in the brain, liver or kidney problems, porphyria (a genetic problem affecting your skin or nervous system), thyroid problems, a heart condition, a seizure disorder, prostate problems, mental or mood disorders or a history of suicidal thoughts may become complicated by taking pentazocine and acetaminophen, so discuss your medical history with your doctor before taking it. If you drink an excessive amount of alcohol, you should not take pentazocine and acetaminophen. The elderly, children and pregnant or breastfeeding women may not be able to take pentazocine and acetaminophen.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...