How should I take analgesics?

Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many different ways to take it. You should follow the directions of your doctor and those printed on the medication container. Analgesics and antipyretics are available in a variety of forms including tablet, capsule, liquid, drops, extended-release, quick-dissolve, or suppository. When you first begin taking analgesics, you should not participate in any activities, such as driving, until you know how the medication will affect you.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...