What should I avoid while taking meclofenamate?

While taking meclofenamate, avoid drinking large amounts of alcohol. This may increase your risk of getting stomach pain, an ulcer, or stomach or intestinal bleeding from this drug. If you are planning to have heart surgery, stop taking meclofenamate shortly before the surgery and do not start taking it again right after the surgery. Talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...
What is a narcotic?
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...