Is it safe for me to drive myself to the doctor's office while on Demerol?

Until you know how Demerol (also known as meperidine) is going to affect you, you should avoid driving anywhere. This medicine makes many people feel drowsy or dizzy when taking it. You should also be careful not to take any medicines that contain alcohol or drink any alcohol while taking Demerol, because alcohol makes these side effects worse.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...