If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Zydone?

If you are pregnant, you should not take the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) unless your doctor determines that the benefits to you outweigh potential risks to your developing fetus. There are no good studies examining the safety of Zydone during pregnancy, but one reason for caution is that it contains hydrocodone, an opioid pain reliever that can be addictive. Doctors know that if a woman takes an opioid during pregnancy, her baby can be born addicted to the drug. As the baby goes through withdrawal, symptoms can include tremors, excessive crying, fast breathing, hyperactive reflexes and other problems.

If you become pregnant while taking Zydone, call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...