If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Zydone?

If you are pregnant, you should not take the prescription pain medication Zydone (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) unless your doctor determines that the benefits to you outweigh potential risks to your developing fetus. There are no good studies examining the safety of Zydone during pregnancy, but one reason for caution is that it contains hydrocodone, an opioid pain reliever that can be addictive. Doctors know that if a woman takes an opioid during pregnancy, her baby can be born addicted to the drug. As the baby goes through withdrawal, symptoms can include tremors, excessive crying, fast breathing, hyperactive reflexes and other problems.

If you become pregnant while taking Zydone, call your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...