If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Vicodin?

Because studies haven't been done to determine if the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is safe for the developing fetus, this drug is not recommended during pregnancy unless you and your doctor decide its benefits outweigh its risks. Experts say that if a woman takes Vicodin regularly during pregnancy, her baby may go through withdrawal from the drug after birth. Symptoms include tremors, hyperactive reflexes, increased respiratory rate, increased stools, vomiting and fever. Let your doctor know you're pregnant before taking Vicodin or if you become pregnant while taking it. You may want to discuss alternative medications that are known to be safe.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...