If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Vicodin?

Because studies haven't been done to determine if the prescription pain medication Vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) is safe for the developing fetus, this drug is not recommended during pregnancy unless you and your doctor decide its benefits outweigh its risks. Experts say that if a woman takes Vicodin regularly during pregnancy, her baby may go through withdrawal from the drug after birth. Symptoms include tremors, hyperactive reflexes, increased respiratory rate, increased stools, vomiting and fever. Let your doctor know you're pregnant before taking Vicodin or if you become pregnant while taking it. You may want to discuss alternative medications that are known to be safe.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...