If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Ultracet?

If you're pregnant, you should use the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) only if its potential benefit outweighs its risk. The use of Ultracet during pregnancy hasn't been adequately studied, so experts say it's best to be cautious, particularly because there have been reports of newborn seizures, neonatal withdrawal syndrome, fetal death and stillbirth after women used tramadol during pregnancy.

Ultracet is generally prescribed for the short-term management of acute pain. It's usually taken for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...