If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Ultracet?

If you're pregnant, you should use the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen) only if its potential benefit outweighs its risk. The use of Ultracet during pregnancy hasn't been adequately studied, so experts say it's best to be cautious, particularly because there have been reports of newborn seizures, neonatal withdrawal syndrome, fetal death and stillbirth after women used tramadol during pregnancy.

Ultracet is generally prescribed for the short-term management of acute pain. It's usually taken for five days or less.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...