Is it safe to use Percodan if I'm pregnant?

Experts say it is risky to use Percodan, a combination of the pain relievers oxycodone and aspirin, during pregnancy. Research suggests that the use of Percodan during pregnancy has the potential to harm the developing fetus in a number of ways and increases the risk of fetal death. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, talk to your doctor before taking Percodan. If you're taking Percodan and discover you're pregnant, tell your doctor.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...