If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Norco?

Experts aren't sure if it's safe to take Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) during pregnancy, so you should try to avoid taking it, if possible. This drug, which is prescribed for managing moderate to moderately severe pain, hasn't been studied in pregnant women. It is known, however, that babies born to mothers taking similar drugs have shown signs of physical dependence and withdrawal, including excessive crying, tremors and vomiting. Before you start taking Norco, tell your doctor if you're pregnant or hope to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...