If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Norco?

Experts aren't sure if it's safe to take Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) during pregnancy, so you should try to avoid taking it, if possible. This drug, which is prescribed for managing moderate to moderately severe pain, hasn't been studied in pregnant women. It is known, however, that babies born to mothers taking similar drugs have shown signs of physical dependence and withdrawal, including excessive crying, tremors and vomiting. Before you start taking Norco, tell your doctor if you're pregnant or hope to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...