If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Lortab?

Researchers aren't sure whether it's safe to take the prescription pain medication Lortab (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) during pregnancy. This drug, which treats moderate to moderately severe pain, has not been well studied in pregnant women. However, experts know that if you take any opioid drug regularly before delivery, your baby is likely to be born dependent and go through withdrawal, which is dangerous for a newborn.

You should take Lortab during pregnancy only if its benefits outweigh its potential risks for your developing fetus. If you become pregnant or plan to get pregnant while taking Lortab, let your doctor know right away.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...