If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Demerol?

Experts don't know if it's safe to take Demerol (meperidine) during pregnancy, so you should try to avoid taking it, especially before you go into labor. This drug, which is prescribed for moderate to severe short-term pain, hasn't been studied in pregnant women. Before you start taking Demerol, tell your doctor if you're pregnant or plan to become pregnant.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...