What is the difference between Pamprin Multi-symptom and Pamprin Max?

Pamprin Multi-Symptom and Pamprin Max differ in the combinations of ingredients they contain. Pamprin Multi-Symptom contains a pain reliever (acetaminophen) a diuretic or fluid eliminator (pamabrom), and an antihistamine (pyrilamine maleate). Pamprin Multi-symptom treats cramps, headaches, backaches, muscular aches, bloating, water-weight gain, and irritability.

Pamprin Max contains two pain relievers (acetaminophen and aspirin) and because it includes caffeine as its diuretic it is effective at relieving fatigue along with other menstrual symptoms. The amount of caffeine in Pamprin Max roughly equals that in one cup of coffee. Doctors recommend that you avoid caffeinated drinks while taking this medication.

Ask your doctor or a pharmacist which Pamprin brand best suits your needs.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...