Who should not take butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine?

You should not take butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as birth defects, breathing difficulties, addiction, withdrawal, or life-threatening side effects could result. Also, avoid this medication if you are allergic to any of its components. Inform your doctor before taking this medication if you have porphyria, lung disease, asthma, COPD, sleep apnea, liver cirrhosis, liver or kidney disease, problems going to the bathroom, heart or circulation problems, or a history of drug or alcohol addiction. If you drink alcohol, you may have to quit before taking butalbital, acetaminophen, and caffeine.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...