What’s the difference between Midol PMS and Midol Extended Relief?

Midol PMS contains the pain reliever acetaminophen, the diuretic pamabrom, and the antihistamine pyrilamine maleate. The combination of medicines in Midol PMS treats cramps, headaches, backaches, muscular aches, bloating, water-weight gain, and irritability. On the other hand, Midol Extended Relief contains the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) naproxen sodium. This drug relieves pain and reduces fever, and can be used to treat symptoms such as cramps, backache, and headache. Midol Extended Relief should be taken in the smallest dose possible, because taking a NSAID in large quantities has been associated with stomach bleeding. Do not take Midol Extended Relief if you are allergic to aspirin. Ask your doctor or a pharmacist which Midol brand best suits your body’s needs.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...