Is meperidine safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you are pregnant, meperidine may be harmful to a developing fetus. Talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of using meperidine while you are pregnant, and tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this drug. Do not use meperidine if you are breast-feeding because meperidine passes through breast milk to a nursing infant.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...