Is meperidine safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?

If you are pregnant, meperidine may be harmful to a developing fetus. Talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of using meperidine while you are pregnant, and tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking this drug. Do not use meperidine if you are breast-feeding because meperidine passes through breast milk to a nursing infant.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...