What should I know about Disalcid before taking it?

Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to salsalate, aspirin or other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), any other medications or any of the ingredients in salsalate tablets. You should know that Disalcid should not be taken by children and teenagers who have chicken pox, flu, flu symptoms or who have received the varicella virus (chicken pox) vaccine in the past six weeks because of the risk of Reye's Syndrome (a serious condition in which fat builds up on the brain, liver and other body organs). Be sure to tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. If Disalcid is prescribed to you, make sure you are not taking any other medication that is also a salicylate to avoid an overdose. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, especially if you are in the last few months of pregnancy; plan to become pregnant; or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking salsalate, call your doctor

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...