What should I know about dehydrated alcohol before using it?

Dehydrated alcohol injections must be injected into the proper spot in the body. It can damage or kill tissue if injected improperly. Your doctor may give you something to numb the pain of the procedure, and you may require x-rays to ensure the injection is given in the proper location. If the dehydrated alcohol injection leaves residual alcohol or is left anywhere besides the proper location for treatment, the resulting pain can be more severe than the pain it was meant to treat. The effects of dehydrated alcohol on a fetus or a nursing child are not known. Women who are pregnant, may become pregnant or are nursing should talk to their doctors before starting dehydrated alcohol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...