What should I know about dehydrated alcohol before using it?

Dehydrated alcohol injections must be injected into the proper spot in the body. It can damage or kill tissue if injected improperly. Your doctor may give you something to numb the pain of the procedure, and you may require x-rays to ensure the injection is given in the proper location. If the dehydrated alcohol injection leaves residual alcohol or is left anywhere besides the proper location for treatment, the resulting pain can be more severe than the pain it was meant to treat. The effects of dehydrated alcohol on a fetus or a nursing child are not known. Women who are pregnant, may become pregnant or are nursing should talk to their doctors before starting dehydrated alcohol.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...