What should I know about Azulfidine EN-Tabs before taking it?

Azulfidine EN-Tabs is not a cure for ulcerative colitis, but may lessen the frequency and severity of attacks. You should not take Azulfidine EN-Tabs if you have an intestinal or bladder blockage, porphyria, or are allergic to sulfa drugs or aspirin. If you have asthma, kidney or liver disease, or G6PD deficiency, you may able to take Azulfidine EN-Tabs, but may need extra monitoring or an adjustment to the dosage of the medication. There have been reports of babies with birth defects born to mothers who took Azulfidine in pregnancy, but the cause in uncertain. Azulfidine should be used in pregnancy only if clearly needed. Some people taking Azulfidine have developed serious infections, including sepsis and pneumonia. While you take this medication, report any new infections to your doctor right away.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...