Is Ultracet addictive?

It is possible to become addicted to the prescription pain medication Ultracet (tramadol and acetaminophen). Ultracet is prescribed for the short-term management of acute pain; it is generally prescribed for five days or less. However, tramadol -- one of its ingredients -- is an opioid analgesic and does have addictive potential. People with a substance abuse problem have a higher risk for addiction to this drug.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How does patient controlled analgesia work?
Patient controlled analgesia (PCA) allows a patient to control their own intake of painkillers in th...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...