Is it true that my son shouldn't stop Demerol "cold turkey"?

It's true that your son should not stop taking his Demerol suddenly, that is, "cold turkey." If he does this, he may have unpleasant symptoms of withdrawal, including:

•  trouble sleeping
•  irritability
•  anxiety
•  fast heart beat
•  chills
•  sweating

Talk with your son's doctor and he may be able to help him slowly take less and less of the drug to avoid these symptoms.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...