Is meperidine safe for older adults?

Meperidine may not be safe for older adults. Because older adults process meperidine more slowly than younger people, they are at risk of more dangerous side effects. If meperidine is needed by an older adult, the dose may need to be lower. If you are age 65 or older, discuss with your doctor the risks and benefits of taking meperidine.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...