If I run out of money and stop taking my Demerol, will it cause trouble?

If you stop taking your Demerol suddenly, you may have symptoms of withdrawal. These symptoms can include irritability, anxiety, trouble sleeping, racing heart beat, chills or sweating. Talk with your doctor and he may be able to help you slowly take less and less of the drug so that you can avoid these withdrawal symptoms.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve flu symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or fl...