If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Magnacet?

You shouldn't take the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you're pregnant unless you and your doctor decide its benefits outweigh its risks. Studies haven't been done indicating that it's safe for the developing fetus, and there are reasons for concern. Opioids, like the drug oxycodone in Magnacet, are known to cross the placenta and can interfere with respiration. As a result, your baby could be born with breathing problems. He may also be dependent on the drug at birth and experience severe withdrawal symptoms. Let your doctor know you're pregnant before you start Magnacet or if you become pregnant while taking it.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...