If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Magnacet?

You shouldn't take the prescription pain medication Magnacet (oxycodone and acetaminophen) if you're pregnant unless you and your doctor decide its benefits outweigh its risks. Studies haven't been done indicating that it's safe for the developing fetus, and there are reasons for concern. Opioids, like the drug oxycodone in Magnacet, are known to cross the placenta and can interfere with respiration. As a result, your baby could be born with breathing problems. He may also be dependent on the drug at birth and experience severe withdrawal symptoms. Let your doctor know you're pregnant before you start Magnacet or if you become pregnant while taking it.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

what type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will i be given after surgery ?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
who should not take analgesics ?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
can i take painkillers if i have asthma ?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
should i let my doctor know i am taking analgesics ?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...