If I am pregnant, is it safe to use Tylenol with Codeine?

If you're pregnant, you should use the prescription pain medication Tylenol with Codeine (acetaminophen and codeine) only if its potential benefits outweigh potential risks to the fetus. In animal studies, Tylenol with Codeine hasn't harmed the developing fetus, but the drug hasn't been adequately studied in pregnant women.

However, researchers do know that if a woman regularly takes an opiate drug during pregnancy, her baby may be born dependent on the drug. Withdrawal symptoms in a newborn can be serious. Talk to your doctor to weigh the risks and benefits of taking this prescription pain reliever during pregnancy.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
How effective is capsaicin?
There is no solid evidence that the over-the-counter capsaicin creams are effective for chronic neur...