What happens if I miss a dose of acetaminophen-codeine?

If you remember the dose shortly after you should have taken it, go ahead and take the medicine. Do not take the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. It is important that you do not take a larger dose of acetaminophen-codeine than is prescribed.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...
How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...