What are hydrocodone and acetaminophen HP tablets?

The hydrocodone-acetaminophen HP tablet is a large dose combination of two pain relievers: hydrocodone, a narcotic, and acetaminophen a non-narcotic. It is prescribed as a short-term treatment for mild to severe pain and to reduce fever. The two pain relievers work together to produce pain relief greater than the sum of their individual parts.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Analgesics, including aspirin and acetaminophen, are medications used to treat pain. They can al...