What is hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen?

Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen is prescribed as a short-term treatment for mild to severe pain and coughing. The medication is a combination of two pain relievers: hydrocodone, an opiate narcotic and acetaminophen, a non-narcotic. Because of the way hydrocodone works on the brain, it can both relieve pain and suppress coughing. It is prescribed under the brand names Vicodin, Lortab, Lorcet, and Norco.   

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How should I take analgesics?
Because there are so many different types and combinations of analgesics, there are also many differ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
What are analgesics?
National Kidney FoundationNational Kidney Foundation
Analgesics are medicines that help to control pain and reduce fever; some types also decrease inflam...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...