How should I take magnesium salicylate?

Magnesium salicylate is available both as a prescription and over-the-counter medicine. If you have been prescribed this drug, take it exactly as directed by your doctor. If you have purchased this drug over-the-counter, follow the directions and warnings on the label about dosing and timing for taking this drug. Never take more than prescribed or recommended on the label and never exceed the maximum daily dosage. You should take this drug by mouth with water. You may take it with or without food. If this drug causes stomach upset, taking it with food may alleviate that side effect.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...