How soon after starting Demerol will my symptoms improve?

You should start feeling better within minutes of taking Demerol (meperidine), a drug used to treat moderate to severe pain. You'll get the maximum effect of Demerol after 30 to 60 minutes. Take Demerol exactly as your doctor prescribes it. You shouldn't take another dose for three or four hours.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What analgesic drugs may be prescribed for irritable bowel (IBS) symptoms?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Analgesic drugs that are used in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) can be classified as non-na...
Who should not take analgesics?
You should not take analgesics or antipyretics if you are allergic to any element of these types of ...
What type of narcotics or opioid analgesics will I be given after surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Most commonly in my practice is the use of a combination of acetaminophen and codeine. Vicodin is us...