How should I take meperidine?

Meperidine is available as an injection, tablets and as a syrup. It is usually taken several times a day depending on your level of pain. Follow your doctor's instructions about how much to take and how often. Don't take a larger or smaller dose than prescribed, and don't take this drug more or less often than the instructions on the container. Don't suddenly stop taking meperidine. If you want to stop taking this drug or take less of it, talk to your doctor first. Don't drink alcohol or use sleep aids or tranquilizers while taking meperidine.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...
What are the risks of using opioid analgesics to treat pain?
Opioid analgesics, such as morphine and codeine, are the primary treatment for acute pain. A person ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...