How can I minimize the side effects of Norco?

You can minimize the side effects of the pain medication Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) by taking it exactly as your doctor prescribes. Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than recommended. Do not stop taking Norco without talking to your doctor first. Stopping the medicine suddenly can cause withdrawal symptoms. You should not drink alcohol or take other central nervous system depressants, such as sleep aids or tranquilizers, while on Norco.

To avoid the dizziness and lightheadedness that is common when you first start taking Norco, take your time when getting up from a seated or lying position. First rest your feet on the floor for a few minutes, and then stand up. To help reduce constipation, a common side effect, talk to your doctor about taking stool softeners and/or laxatives. Drink plenty of fluids and try to eat foods high in fiber such as whole grains, bran, fruits and vegetables. Regular exercise can also help.

Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, supplements and herbal products that you take. Do not take any new medicine or supplements without talking to your doctor first. Certain medical conditions may increase the risk for side effects, so give your doctor a complete medical history before taking Norco. Pay attention to how you feel, and let your doctor know of any symptoms that bother you or don't go away. Your doctor may adjust the dose of your medication to help relieve side effects.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics interact with other medications?
If you are taking certain medications, you should talk to your doctor before taking an analgesic. Th...
What are the side effects of analgesics?
Analgesics can cause a variety of side effects. These side effects include allergic symptoms like h...