How does Hydrocodone/APAP treat cough?

Coughing rids your body of irritants in your lungs, airway and throat. Just before you cough the irritant out, your respiratory system sends a signal to your brain telling your abdominal and diaphragm muscles to contract and push sending a burst of air out of your lungs. Coughing once in a while is fine to clear your throat, but chronic coughing can cause discomfort. Hydrocodone/APAP (APAP is an abreviation for acetaminophen) can help reduce a cough by slowing down the actions in the brain that lead to coughing.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

What should I avoid while taking analgesics?
Until you know how you will react to analgesics, you should not drive or operate any heavy machinery...
How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Should I let my doctor know I am taking analgesics?
If you are planning on taking analgesics, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...