How does Synalgos-DC (dihydrocodeine, aspirin, caffeine) work?

Synalgos-DC combines aspirin, caffeine and dihydrocodeine to treat moderate to severe pain. Aspirin works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain, fever and inflammation. Caffeine stimulates the central nervous system and relaxes muscle contractions in blood vessels to improve blood flow. Dihydrocodeine is in a group of drugs called narcotic (or opioid) pain relievers and works by changing the way the brain and nervous system respond to pain.

Continue Learning about Analgesic

How do analgesics relieve foot pain?
An analgesic is used to relieve pain, including pain related to your feet. Acetaminophen is the ...
Can I take painkillers if I have asthma?
Embeda If you have severe asthma or are experiencing an acute attack of asthma, you should not use E...
How can analgesics relieve cold symptoms?
An analgesic is a type of medication used to relieve pain, including pain related to the cold or flu...
What is a narcotic?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
For moderate to severe pain, narcotic pain relievers may be prescribed. These drugs are used som...